Why Coach With Ken?
In 1998 Ken began his fitness career as a personal trainer and group exercise instructor before getting involved in the sports of running and triathlon. After several years racing triathlon competitively, he pursued his passion and became a USAT Level 1 certified triathlon coach. Due in part to his love of the sport and desire to share his successes with others, Ken expanded his expertise and entered the coaching realm in 2010. Since then he has successfully coached many triathletes and runners, from those training for their first 5K run to others successfully qualifying for world championships. With almost two decades of fitness experience specializing in performance enhancement and sports conditioning, Ken's background is well-suited for coaching athletes of all ability levels. Whether training for your first triathlon or trying to qualify for championships, Ken will customize training, nutrition, and race plans to catapult you to the next level of your triathlon career. Ken specializes in racing Olympic and Half Iron distance races and qualified for the 5150 national championships in 2011, as well as the USAT National Championships for the past seven years, and in 2013 and 2018 he had the honor of being named a Silver Ironman All World Athlete. In 2016 he qualified for the 2017 70.3 World championship held in Chattanooga Tennessee. In 2018 he had the opportunity to race at Ironman Lake Placid finishing in 10:31 placing 11th in his age group. Ken enjoys the challenge of balancing coaching, training, racing and family.
Online Custom Coaching Services
An individualized training program will be created to address your athletic goals for a specific race or season, and fit your personal training volume, and planned races. This program is fully supported by Ken, and includes the following services:
- Season specific annual training plan based on the athletes life/race schedule.
- Heart rate and power zones set for athlete based on field tests
- Daily workouts sent in week blocks via Training Peaks tailored to the athlete's schedule, ability level, and goals.
- Specific targeting of individual physiological limiters, and monitoring of progress throughout the season
- Coaches communication by email, text and phone.
- Weekly feedback of logged workouts in Training Peaks.
- Weekly analysis of heart rate, power and run pacing files via Training Peaks.
- Personalized 24 hour pre-race nutrition plan
- Personalized training and race day nutrition plan
- Race day strategy/pacing plan
* Note all Individual Coaching Plan athletes must have a premium Training Peaks account paid by the athlete
In Person Coaching Services
For the athlete that desires a more hands on/personal approach, private lessons are available to work on improving their swim, bike, or run.
Swim lessons are available for booking through Asphalt Green at the Upper East Side Location. Bike and Run sessions are available to be booked directly through Ken and are typically held in Central Park.